Sunday, October 21, 2012

This is the Maplesoft Center that supplies support and programs to survivors.  I took some information and will be looking into going to some of their programs.  They have Laugh Yoga that looks like fun.  This is what the fund raiser was for.

It is all part of the Cancer Foundation.

In front of the center is the survivors park.

This is part of the survivor park.  This is where I got my lesson on how to walk with the Nordic poles.

I finished the walk in 1 hr and 48 minutes.  I went slower at the beginning since I was chit chatting with another survivor from Timmins.  They turned the 14 k into only 10 k so it wasn't too bad.  I definitely worked up a sweat.  When you use the poles properly it is a really good work out.  It is an excellent work out for all ages 12 month of the year with low impact.  It is popular in the Alta Vista area but the rest of Ottawa hasn't caught on yet.


After the walk Judy, Margaret and I went kayaking/canoeing.  It was lovely and the colours of the leaves were great





This was my first trip out in the kayak since I got the PICC removed.  It was great to be out on the water.  It is very soothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment