Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dr Kuntz agrees with Dr Hopkins that it might be gallbladder causing all of my pain or at least something in that area since the pain is very localized in that area.  Then the worst happened....remember I was going to keep my PICC in just in case.  Boy do I regret taking it out.  Ouch, ouch, ouch...can you get it...it hurt.  My doctors nurse couldn't find a vein at all no matter how much she poked me.   I took the form to the lab that I used before the picc and she came up with a brilliant plan.  There is a little butterfly needle that they use sometimes which is what they used when my veins collapsed during chemo.  That one wasn't small enough so she went to the back room and got a smaller one that they use in babies.  The blood comes slower but it can go in smaller veins.  She got one half way between my elbow and wrist.
I had a ct scan last week that should have covered my new problem while they were there.  Dr kuntz was going to ck to see if they went far enough or I have to go again...she was to amused.  I might have an ultrasound too.  Now I just wait for the phone to ring for more apts to confirm what is wrong and a gameplan.

No comments:

Post a Comment