Saturday, October 20, 2012

The big extra news from the info session was that the radiation itself will only last 2 to 10 minutes depending on the person and their case.  Once I do it I will update my case.  The hour is just to get there sign in change and get lined up to have them put the rays in the same place each time, then change again,  They stressed to be on time since they do so many every day.  They treat 375 patients every day in Ottawa at two hospitals.  At any time there are 140 patients in the prep stage awaiting treatment.  They are split between Queensway Carleton Hospital and the General.  I go to the General.  The info session was general so we learned about all of the machines.  I do not know yet which one I will be getting just that I won't be getting the one that only goes on your face with a special mask.  I will get more details on my case on Wednesday at the CT scan.
Margaret, Sparky and I walked today... practicing with the walking poles.  There is a clinic tomorrow  before the walk which will tell me if I have been using them correctly or not.  I am supposed to walk tomorrow morning and then kayak in the afternoon so keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't rain.  It was nice today instead of the rain so I hope that it is the same tomorrow.  Have a nice weekend all.

No comments:

Post a Comment