Saturday, September 13, 2014

Aug 8th we had an Orange day to celebrate the birthday of Whataburger... I mentioned it in the blog of the 10 ... that IT won and there was a lot of spirit... well now I have my computer working on the internet at home I have been able to organize pictures and such so here is what I mean by spirit in the work place...
Tom Dobson is one of the owners of Whataburger so IT named our area after him.

These 4 guys work in Finance - I deal with them on a daily basis.  They performed all day and then again at the rally at the end.  They even created their own song with Whataburger lirics for the day... it is on youtube Whataburger Cravings (Beatles Parody - I've Just Seen A Face)

This is a row of cubicles that as you went down them there were a lot of old video games from the 70's 80's and 90's.  This is the area where my boss used to sit, his boss and bosses boss still are in this area

These are more finance folks.  The Captain is our Controller, Gilligan is the head Insight guy.  I deal with both of them a lot.

More Finance folks that I work with

Tom Dobson is on the left - one of the owners and Preston is on the right - Top Dude of the Co both playing one of the old video games in the IT dept

Jason on the right is Director of ET... my boss's boss.  All IT had those shirts on so that we would glow in the dark.  We also had bar coded name tags so everyone else in the office had to approach us and ask to scan our badge to get points.  Top three one prizes like a big screen tv.  Theme was to do something from over the years of Whataburger's existence and to get people to interact with each other to get to know who was who etc and then there was a vote .. IT won for best event to get people to interact and Finance won for best costumes.  As a prize we got to wear Jeans for a week and $500 for a team building event.  They do this every year

No comments:

Post a Comment