Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Social Security number arrived today in the mail.  Things are a lot easier now with it.  Got signed up for electricity in my apt with it... without it I was going to have to show up at their office with my passport. I don't ever remember having to use my SIN half as many places as I had to give my Social Security number today.  Bought the washer, dryer and patio set today... no more shopping now until after I move in on Saturday since I do not have any more room in the car.  I have the cushions from my loveseat and chair, wires and tubing for the Dryer all in my car now too waiting to move in.  I was able to put some stuff at my desk but no more room now until I get to move my stuff into the apt.
When I was at Costco on the weekend I saw very strange things... cart boys in the parking lot with camelbacks to keep them hydrated.  Another one of the cart guys had on a balaclava to keep cool.  One lady was at the canteen area filling up her cooler with ice so that her food would make it home ok.  She said she lived 400 miles away... who drives 400 miles to get to a Costco....  I can use my cdn costco card here but will look into Sams when it expires.
In the middle of the intersection there are the typical guys begging for donations... they sit on hard sided coolers that they can drag on wheels in between lights.  I saw people giving them Water bottles in lieu of money... Texas heat even influences that.  It hasn't really been that hot yet though... very comfortable for me walking around but cold in the office in the afternoon.  I went to the car this aft and got my furry blanket that was given to me at hydro for my desk there.  I will be bringing down my heavy cardigans now  to wear in the office even if it doesn't get too cold here in the winter.  I booked my flight home for Sept long weekend.  I am bringing home empty suitcases  to bring back some more stuff.  I will be home in October for my Dr apt and then Jim will be coming down in November.  Just a few more nights and I will be in our apt... stay tuned for pictures when I move in.

No comments:

Post a Comment