Saturday, August 25, 2012

This is my PICC. Right arm hand to left shoulder to right.  The top of the blue is where it goes into my vein.  The part wrapped in gauze is covering the end where they put the needle in to draw blood and IV needle to give chemo.  I have an elastic sleeve that I wear over it to keep it secure an not get caught in anything by mistake.  I convinced the homecare nurse today that I didn't need her and I could go to their clinic next week.  She said that was ok since I was one of the best shape ones that she had ever visited.  It will be better on the blood days since the clinic gives me the blood and I have to take it to the lab myself.  The clinic is at Billings and I use the lab at the Riverside so I don't have to keep the blood ok for very long and can drop it off quickly.  I would have to drive into town anyway so I just make a longer trip and don't have to wait around for someone to show up/find our house.

Couldn't sleep again last night so I started macrame'ing again.  Did a bracelet and a necklace to get me back in the hang of things.  Now I remember how much fun it was to macrame.  I still have lots of supplies in the basement so who knows what I will do.  I am also knitting a sweater but it is pretty complicated so have to really concentrate which I couldn't do last night.  Macrame made me concentrate but I couldn't really screw it up like I could have the sweater.

Did laundry and grocery shopping today so have lots of the proper food that the nutritionist suggested yesterday.  The steroids are working strong today.  I take them again tomorrow and then hit the wall.  At least everything good is in the house so I will be fine to veg out a few days.  I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment