Friday, August 3, 2012

5 of this weeks hats and 3 from last week all went today with the new group of ladies I was with today.  It was fun to watch them try them on and have fun while the chemo was dripping into our arms.  It is nice to see our work being appreciated.  Of all of the other hats from the previous two pictures, there were only 4 left that I could find that were ours.  They go fast so I am glad that I can make them fast.
Oh yeah... my chemo went well today... Half way done YEAH!!!!.  Got it in the right hand this time since the two veins in my left hand that we used are no good any more.  Today she gave me saline the whole time even when the chemo was going in to dilute it so that it doesn't burn that vein.  It is a good big one on the side so hopefully we will be able to use it again.  If it doesn't hurt by the time I see the doctor on the 17th then I won't have to get one of those things directly into my heart.... if it burns eventually then I am stuck with that for the last three.  I have been avoiding it so that I can swim but by the 24th maybe it will be too cold out to swim any way... not likely but we just play it by ear.  Now off to relax since that benadryl sure does a number on me.  Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment