Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ride the Rideau:
I just got accepted as a volunteer and assigned my task for the Ride the Rideau Fundraiser for Cancer Research in Ottawa.  No I am not going to ride in it but as a goal I definitely want to be healthy enough to ride in it next year.  It is one of the few fund raisers out there that my weird kind of cancer will benefit from.  The riders start at Landsdowne Park and ride 100 km to Merrickville where they get something to eat and a bus ride back to Ottawa.  I will be at the finish line making sure that the riders know where they have to go and answer any questions.  With my physical limitations right now that job suits me best.  As a volunteer I can raise money as well.  The only thing is their website links are not set up to search for volunteers so you have know my URL to get to my page.  I have inserted the URL below if anybody would like to donate to cancer research in Ottawa.  You can put it on VISA or PAYPAL and it emails you one email with a confirmation and a second email with your tax receipt attached.  It goes to a good cause and it is a tax deduction too.  The ride is on Sept. 8th which should be a good week for me so I should be ok.  Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to make a donation.
This is the URL.  Just copy it and put it in your browser and follow the instructions.

http://my.ohfoundation-fondationho.ca/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1556419

Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment