Sunday, July 26, 2015

Golfing and Mission Espada and Melted toy

We went Golfing on Saturday afternoon for something to do.  We went to Mission Del Lago course again which is the one near our house.  We tried to go into the house after but it was all locked up so I guess no one else can steal anything out of it.  We didn't bother the guys to get a key.  We then went to try to find a short cut to Mission Espada which is the Mission closest to our house and is next to the Mission Aquaduct.  The Riverwalk bicycle path starts there so if we buy bikes we wanted to figure out a safe route to get to the path without going on freeways... no luck - the one road on google is closed so I guess we will put the bikes in the truck to get there.
In the morning before we left we just sat and read on the balcony, drinking our coffee of course.  Sparky wanted in his floppy bed which always sits on the balcony.  I had put all of his plastic squeeky toys in the bed when I cleaned up the deck one day.  I tried to take them out so that Sparky would have room to sit.... one toy wouldn't come... it was melted right to the bed.  I finally tugged it away from the bed but the toy is totally disfigured and melted.  Thank goodness it wasn't one of his favourites.
Me chipping onto the green

Me in the golf cart.  With my gimmee card that I got for around $50 I only pay $12 for the cart if we golf after 12 on weekends and pay nothing for golf.  I can do it 6 times for the $50.  Jim sits with me when we have to wait and used the GPS on the cart to know how far it is.  Jim uses my push cart so he doesn't have to carry.  Sometimes he rides with me if it is long distance between holes.  Yes I switched hats between pictures.  This one shades more but the other one is cooler on the head.


Jim Teeing Off


This is what is left of the melted toy... it is flat and is supposed to be round like a ball


Mission Espada buildings

Mission Espada Church way back with the cross on the roof


Just so I wouldn't forget the name
If you make this bigger then you can read more about the missions if you are interested

Front yard is raked waiting for the sod... no top soil though so who knows if it will live

No comments:

Post a Comment