Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving Pot Luck

We had a pot luck dinner today for Thanksgiving.  It was just the IT department so just around 100 people.  Tons of food!!!  Most people take all next week off so we had it this week.  The top person in the Co was pouring our drinks for us and he remembers me... he asked if I was more comfortable down here now that it is a little cooler.  With a few thousand employees... I guess I am the only Canadian that they had to import so he remembers but still a nice skill to have.  There are other Canadians here but are all now Americans...
We have next Thurs and Fri off and I have the Monday after off in lieu of having to work last weekend for a go live.  I will get more time later but that day will be to take Jim to the Soc Sec office etc and show him around.  He needs a number to be on my benefit plan at work.  They do not do anything here without a soc sec number.  I fly home Wed night.  Thurs we have to go to the bank to straighten out a mess up that Payroll at Hydro did on my pension so I have to change some of my RRSP money into Jim's name.  We will then go see Jim's folks and Mom and pack the truck and start the drive... only 30 hour drive so not sure if we are leaving Fri or Sat... depends on when we are ready.  Having Monday off relieves the rush to get here.  We are driving straight through since our stuff will just be tarped down.  Lets hope we do not have a snow storm to drive through.
It is getting warmer down here.  We had a cold snap so it was no big deal that I had to work last weekend.  It has been down to 30 to 32 in the mornings.  Back to the 70's this weekend so back to the beach on Sunday.  A week from today I will be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment