Monday, November 10, 2014

North Padre Island

Went back to North Padre Island on Sunday this weekend... just can't stay away.  This time I remembered to take a picture of the Beware of Snakes sign at the rest area that I stop at half way down there.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky the whole time I was there.  Tried out La Playa Restaurant that was recommended to me... AWESOME mexican food.  Has seafood too but I do not like seafood.  Walked the opposite way this time up to where they surf.  There were only 4 surfers there and really not enough waves for them... a lot of them on the beach didn't even go out in the water.  Went up on the sea wall to check it out.  They say you can roller blade up there but I wouldn't want to try it... could bike it but you can bike on the sand...  Neat container which is filled with bags for you to collect garbage as you walk the beach which is a cool idea.  Got some seashells to start a new collection down here.  Hope everyone else had a great weekend.
Just makes you want to jump out to see if you can see a snake... NOT

My hair was all dried out so I cut it to start over

I am not happy here at all ; )

No Clouds or wind but still waves



These birds are cool.  Red and black.  They have long beaks that dig deep in the sand and pull out something that they eat.  One of them ate a little of a dead fish on the beach and then went back to digging in the sand for whatever.

I can sit or walk and stare at this all day

This is from the Sea Wall looking down.  That white truck in the middle is the ice cream truck... has the little tune going to attract all the little kids so the parents have to buy them ice cream when he drives by.



This is the box that contains the garbage bags that you can use to collect garbage when you walk the beach

This is the sea wall  There is about a 10 foot drop from the cement wall down to the sand.  There are steps and ramps to get up and down every few hundred feet or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment