Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Malaquite Beach at High Tide

Malaquite Beach last time I was there

Same place this time but high tide

Me in my happy place

very little place to drive when the tide comes in

Tents go up in the bluffs to stay out of water

High tide at 5:36 pm this was around 2 p.m.



This was my first time at the beach close to high tide. This was on Sunday.   By 5pm  I went down to the other beach in the Padre town and you couldn't get on at all...no beach left.  I left the beach with the car at three and parked at the welcome centre and then walked back down so that I didn't get stuck with the car in water.  There were some large campers parking as close to the bluffs as they could get but I think that they would be in water before it was done.  One camper had 3 pushouts on one side and 2 on the other.  6 jacks set out to balance it.  When the sand under the jacks gets wet it must have tipped I am sure.  Pretty expensive rig to risk there just to have free camping.  Nice experience on low tide but not too sure about high tide.  I like the tent's idea to go up on the bluffs but the trailers can't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment