Saturday, September 12, 2015

Labour Day sales still on this weekend

As they spell it down here - Labor Day sales are continuing this weekend and there are thunderstorms in Corpus so no beach today so went shopping.  Got James a bed and put it up in one of the bedrooms.  Got a Queen size since that is the bedding that I have down here.  Now he won't have to sleep on the floor any more when he comes to visit.  We still have the air mattress if too many people come at the same time.  We can set it up in the other bedroom.  Really hot here but nice and cool in the morning so got my steps in early walking with Sparky at 7 this morning.  We have a Route 66 challenge going on at work.  Winners each week win a fit bit if your name is drawn.  I already have a Polar but could use a fit bit for Jim or James.  I also get $50 deposited into my health benefit account if I average 7250 steps per day.  I am way over that so far since they give a lot of steps for curling and I went to Zumba which also earns a lot of steps.  Friday afternoon was Fit Friday so the whole corp office went for a mile walk together and got a fruit cup and water bottle at the end.  I am on Nutrisystem again so together with the extra walking should be good for me.  I still do not have my car back so I walk to the malls etc at lunch which gives me lots of steps.  The VW dealer called today and said that they had a free loaner car for me because they are taking so long.  It will be ready on Monday but not sure if I will take it or not.  Nice to have a chauffeur but then again I have a dentist apt on Tues which would be nice to have the second car for so that Jim could golf.  No other news down here.... just golf, work, walk, fitness.  Have to start Pilates again and then I should be back to normal.  Looking forward to seeing everyone at Thanksgiving.
Still have to get more pillows but a bed is a big start.   We put it in the middle bedroom which only has 1 window since James always complains of too much light in his room.  This bedroom we also think is a foot or so longer than the other one at the front of the house.  We just stepped it out so not too technical on the measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment