Sunday, January 11, 2015

Freezing rain - not as bad as forecasted

The weather news was afraid of a lot of ice this weekend as it dipped below freezing and lots of rain but luckily it wasn`t as bad as forecast.  As you can imagine they don`t have the sand and salt trucks so people just do not go out when it is too bad of weather.  Usually they just work from home.  This time it was on a weekend so not too much disruption.  You could see ice on the trees but it was above freezing when I went out so didn`t have any problems.  We went out to a restaurant for supper and it was packed since there was a football game on and all the ice was melted by then.  Stayed in most of the day so have most of the next crewel picture done...just a little one so will take a picture later when it is done.  Framed the other one but need to redo it.  Jim was sick in bed most of the week with the flu so I tried to frame it by myself... it will be better with two people stretching it so I think I will redo it with him helping me to stretch out some of the wrinkles.


No comments:

Post a Comment