Saturday, December 13, 2014

Sparky and Jim at my Happy Place

Took the boys to my Happy Place today.  We went to North Padre Island.  It was around 24-26 all day with no wind or clouds.  The water was so calm a guy was out on a paddle board.  I wouldn't want to try it but he did pretty good... I still think that that is more suited to a stream.  On the way down to the beach there was a dead animal on the side of the road just like you normally see deer.  As far as we can figure it was a mountain lion....Yup that was the first time we ever saw one that wasn't in a zoo.  Saw a dead puffer fish on the beach too which was cool to see.  Saw my first jelly fish here too.  Did lots of walking and hanging out.  I have lots of blisters on my feet but it was worth it.
We have a tent for the dog but he only goes in it to drink or eat.  He tried to nest his cushion once but then came back out.  He didn't want to miss out on any dogs walking by that he could bark at and try to chase.  He liked the long walks too.  He still hates the water though.  We have a 16 ft leash for him ... I would walk in the water and he would be 16 ft from the water... as far away as he could get.

Sparky and I just when we were going to leave.  Sun was dropping quick so we packed up and came home.  High tide was 8pm today so we had lots of beach right to dark at around 5.

The boys enjoying a rest in between our walks

No comments:

Post a Comment