Monday, July 28, 2014

One day down.... Mostly orientation today... learned things like you can't bring coffee or food from another restaurant into the building... makes sense but I never thought of it.  Went to the Social Security office and applied for a number.  Should get it in 8 to 10 business days.  All I have is a letter from them so they didn't know how they were going to put me in payroll since it is a mandatory field.  I filled out the rest of the I9 etc. manually not on the computer and they are going to figure something out.  At first they thought of sending me home until I had a number but now they are going to do something ...  After work I went to the place where I am trying to rent who also wanted my Social Security number.  I gave them the letter and the rest of the paper work and they are going to contact their head office to see what they can do about it... He did take the apt off of the market though so hopefully I will get it... I made it there by 5:30 tonight by leaving the office at 5 so it is about the same drive I had in Ottawa just not as far but more traffic.  Apparently it gets worse as it does in Ottawa in Sept but overall it is a pretty good drive.  When I get it I will post a link to it in the blog.
Went shoe shopping tonight to get shoes to replace the melted ones and shoes that fit company policy... no flipflop type sandals ..even birkinstocks so I bought some pumps that will do the trick.

Well off to bed now since I haven't had much sleep in the last few nights and will have to do some actual work tomorrow.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment