Saturday, July 26, 2014

I was able to look at a few apts today as well as drove around a bunch of neighbourhoods.  Talked to the girls on the desk at the hotel who gave me advice on where not to go based on who my neighbours would be.     Racism with crime comments for certain neighbourhoods.  I guess it is like me saying I wouldn't live in Ledbury in Ottawa.  Good to know.  The place I have narrowed it down to though they said was in a nice neighbourhood.  Going to check out more tomorrow.
I am getting used to the freeways over freeways over freeways.  It was overwhelming driving at first.... it is like you have a spider web over your head.  I have figured out a few of the routes to where I need to go so am used to going that way now.  On the GPS it is hard to know which of the 10 roads it is showing is the one that you are turning on... only screwed up a couple of times so far but the GPS got me unlost so it is all good.  
I am staying in the same hotel that I stayed in for my interview so I can walk to work on Monday morning.  They are giving me a deal depending on how long I stay here.  There wasn't any vacancy tonight so I booked a room for Sunday night and then after I talked to them for awhile they gave me the room for tonight too.... so much for being full... cater to me since they might get a month rent out of me.
Thanks to Mark Datars for the hint on how to use my visa on the gas pumps when it asks for your zip code... put in the three numbers for you postal code and then 2 zeroes and you are good to go... had to do it 3 times today/yesterday... nice to fill up for $35.00 though.
Good night ... more apt shopping tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment