Saturday, June 18, 2016

Strange Day on the Beach

I was too tired to get up early to see more turtles released but still made it to the beach.  It was not very windy so hardly any waves and very hot.  I set up the shade and blew up my tube so was good for the day.  The guy next to me caught a baby shark.  Then I saw him bring in another fish and it was another baby shark.  I think it looked like the same one.  When I got there there were a lot of dead crabs all over the beach so just scraped them away and put them in a pile. Guys on the other side of me had a rake so cleaned up alot of them and put them with a jelly fish so no one would get stung.  As the tide went out then there were more and more of the crabs.  Last week one bit me but this week I was stepping on them everywhere they were all coming in to shore and dying... very strange.  There were the regular ones as well as the Calico Box Crabs.  Not sure why this is happening.  When you google you see the red ones in California last month so I guess we get these guys this month.  As the article for California states it was a smorgasboard for the Sea Gulls.  They were actually full I think.
I swear by the time that I left there were thousands of them washed up on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment