Sunday, April 3, 2016

Finally Back to my Happy Place

Was finally a warm enough day on a weekend to go back to the beach.  It was chilly with the wind off the water but better than being in the heat in town.  We went down a different way for variety - down 181 where I was hoping to see more oil fields.  Saw a couple of sets of 6 oil rigs side by side... two sets of  3.  Then a few single ones on the way but nothing like what I was thinking you would see in texas... I think we have to travel off the highways to see more of them.  Saw some long horn cows too... I always find them amazing.  Saw lots of horse farms too.  A few like the Plantations you see in the movies.  Stopped at a gas station so got a good picture of one of them.  When we got closer to the coast we were right in the middle of all of the windmills.  Boy are they big up close.  Went to look at a place that was supposed to rent kayaks but didn't but saw a guy cleaning his fish on the dock and feeding the leftovers to the pelicans.  They had a nice set up there with a hose to wash the fish and nice place to cut them up.  The guy even had an electric knife.  We then went and checked out the USS Lexington Aircraft Carrier ship.  Didn't go on it... just wanted to see it.  It is right next to the aquarium that we might go to some day.  We then finally went to the island.  I saw weird flower bush that I took a picture of.  The beach was pretty calm today.  Wind was chilly so we didn't put on sun screen so yes I am very red... wind burn I guess.  We then went to check out a trailer that I am renting to camp on the beach for a few nights with some friends.  It should be fun.  They deliver it and pick it up... We just show up.  Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Plantation like Horse Farm


this is the little hut with running water that they clean their fish and throw fish parts to the Pelicans
Pelicans just waiting for more fish parts to drop







This is the trailer that I am renting to go on the beach.  They take it there and then come and pick it up.  Girls week out in the middle of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment