Sunday, October 18, 2015

More Beach Aquaduct fan fruit spider etc

We have gone to the beach the last three weekends.  A great way to relax and try to get the rest of the feeling back in my toes.  I guess that I hit them sometime a couple of weeks ago so two were turning black and I had a spot so I went to a Dermatologist - no cancer just trauma in the toes and the spot was benign.  With no feeling in the toes I guess I hit them and they turn black and I don't remember them being hit.  I have feeling in the soles of the feet but the toes and finger tips are still an issue.  I have an iphone for work so trying to get the screen to feel my fingers is tough sometimes...

We bought a fan/light for the back deck for our anniversary present so now I am sitting out here at 8:30 at night and it is very comfortable.  The fan helps cool it down and also gets rid of some of the flies and mosquitoes.  James sent us pictures of it snowing a little this weekend back home so I guess we can put up with a little heat.  The waves were huge at the beach yesterday so I recorded them so am going to try to attach the video to this blog.  Maybe I will figure it out some day.
We had a huge spider trying to live on our deck.  Jim threw it over the fence and the next day it came back.  He threw it over again today and we will have to check to see if it comes back tomorrow.  Today is the first day since we moved in that it has been cool enough to turn off the air conditioning and open the windows.  It is now over 80 in the house but it is starting to cool down outside so hopefully it will be ok for sleeping without turning the air back on.  We have a fan over the bed so hopefully it will be ok.
Took Sparky to the river bike trails by the famous aquaduct this morning before it got too hot so you will see pictures from there too.  Not sure what the fruit is lying on the ground growing beside the trail... oranges or lemon like but on a ground vine.  I also picked some pecans up off the ground from some pecan trees and also took a picture of a banana tree growing wild on the side of the trail.  We are going to bring our bikes back with us so I am looking forward to going further down the trail since now I keep doing the same section when we walk.  Jim golfed this morning with some of his friends so Sparky and I got to explore on our own.
Jim and I on our 28th Anniversary on the Beach


Our big spider visitor

As Jim says we don't need hallowe'en decorations

Pretty good work all in one day since Jim took the previous day down.

Info on the aquaduct that was built Years ago  Amazing what was done way back then

This is the duct but even reading it and seeing it ... not sure how it works

This is the top of the duct and it is all full of water


Here is the name of the Aqueduct so maybe if you google it you can figure it out.


This is the bike path that we walk on next to the river

trusty map to know how much further to the next mission etc

you are walking/biking along this see up in the middle the path winding along.  Kinda like the path from Billings Bridge to downtown.  This one goes from our area through the missions to downtown Riverwalk.


Do the stones look familiar... same ones as on the front of our house and the ones we took for the garden.  The white stones are natural stones everywhere here.

Mystery fruit growing on vines beside the path

closer up picture of the fruit... see the deep green one I think it is not ripe and they turn yellow when they are ripe but what do I know.  I took two and will take them to work and hopefully some one there will tell me.

More of them... they were everywhere

Banana Tree

Closer up picture - see the bananas now - top middle

At the very top above the purple bell thing hanging below them

Our new fan - had the strips hanging for all of the flies but now we should be able to take them down



No comments:

Post a Comment