Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sorry for making this 3 posts but I did not want to lose the pictures as I was loading them.  I can see why the Canadians have started to come to this area to winter instead of Florida.  In my opinion the beaches are better ... not lined with hotels etc.  Have kept the nature end of things.  Down further it is a national park for camping and more beaches but I didn't pay to go there.. just went as far as the gait but it is pretty wilderness before you get to the gait.  After coming back from the surfing beach I went to Whataburger for supper -$3.37 for a hamburger, fries and drink.... I am still in pain from the burger but can't beat the price.  Nice to have the discount.... anyway there was a free local newspaper in the Whataburger and on the back there was real estate adds... crazy prices here.  4 bedroom 2 baths granite counters 2157 sq ft for 269,900.  Condos for 99,000 that allow short term rentals.  New house on water front 425,000.  Normal little house 1830 sq ft for $154,900.  One of the town homes stipulated minimum 7 day rentals.... so looks like a lot are being purchased for investments and rented out when they are not in them... something to think about.
The beach reminded me  a lot of cuba... just a lot longer and driving on it was like Daytona beach.  One guy got stuck.. at the far end where it is not maintained they recommend four wheel drives.  Alot of people are going up and down in golf carts which you can rent at the holiday inn.  You can rent the horses for a ride too.  I think I am going to be spending a lot of time down there... good therapy to walk in the sand and very interesting day people watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment